Volunteers are essential to our work of conserving Lake Champlain and advancing the fishing heritage.
We could not function without the countless hours donated by you, your family and your neighbors.
Our flagship fundraiser, the LCI Father's Day Fishing Derby, is run with nearly 80 volunteers alone, and we can always benefit from more assistance.
We can utilize your valuable time in other ways as well:
- Identifying important priorities on which for us to focus
- Recruiting sponsors for our events and programs
- Educating decision-makers on issues important to the Lake Champlain angling community and others who share our appreciation of the lake
- Assisting staff in the office with data entry
- Providing volunteer professional legal and financial counsel
|Event Facilitation and Mentoring
- Delivering and picking up equipment
- Helping children fish at the LCI Little Anglers Derby
- Aiding at LCI Father's Day Derby weigh stations and LCI Bass Open with the registering of fish
- Consider becoming a mentor with Fishing For Friends
Track Your Hours and Win Awesome Prizes!
How it works -
- Select the Volunteer tab below.
- Login using Facebook connect.
- Write in the exact name of the organization, as it appears on their Facebook page in the search field and press Enter on your keyboard for the widget and Search on the app.
- Conversely, you can write-in your activity if it is not associated with an organization. Please note: no organization will receive Reach points in this case and you may be ineligable to win prizes if the majority of your activity is "written in."
- Select the category that best fits your volunteerism, as well as the number of hours you've volunteered. Volunteer hours should be recorded within 24 hours of the activity, and not before Feb 14th, 2012.
- An editable message will be automatically generated, which you can post to Facebook, or email to friends. The activity will also appear with the "Everyone" tab in the app's Activity stream, as well as on the live map on the widget.
- The more hours you log, and the more people who open your emails regarding Reward Volunteers, or "Like/Comment" on your posts, the more Reach or chances you have to win. Similarly, the more activity associated with a given volunteer organization, the more chances the organization has to win a cash prize.
- See FAQs if you have additional questions.
What you could win -
Each month, volunteers are selected to win thousand's in prizes. The more hours you log, and the more of your friends who volunteer, the better your chances at winning!
See full details here.
Contact us at 802.879.3466 or email@example.com for more information. Thank you for your consideration and concern!